Saturday, May 15, 2004

More funny stuff

Laura, on a hot summer day, complaining about not having air conditioning:
"I'm sitting in the heat, even my sweat is sweating."

"I'm having to clean fluffy's room in stages: I go to clean it,
pass out from the heat, wake up, and go lie on the couch."

Laura, on a hot summer night while lying in bed:
"Is that ceiling fan on? Or do I have to spin it with my own hands!"

After getting lost and driving the wrong way for 10 minutes:
"I wasn't lost. I just got turned around."

On being a stay-at-home mom, watching our 2-year-old:
"It's tough sitting here ... doing nothing."

"Well, I have to get off the phone and do important stuff, like pick up toys ..."

"You know, my life is kinda slow. I sit on the couch...then I move to the brown comfy chair..."

On a sleepy Friday morning, Laura groaning about having to get up early:
"I guess I don't have to get up and go to Bible study. I could just maybe ... you know ... not."

When she wanted to know what I was writing about her:
"I've gotta see what you're writing ... otherwise, it's perjury!"

"If I have to come over there and pound it into you, it won't be subliminal!"

Laura, on wanting a technician to come out and put up the new satellite dish the same day that it arrived:
"I'm not in a hurry, per se, I just want it done today."
[She said this with a straight face and was completely sincere as far as I could tell.]

On not leaving Brianna's window open to cool off her room, even
just until we go to bed, for fear that someone might kidnap her:
"I have these fears ... they're irrational ... but they're mine."

On housework:
"Once a month or so I try to do the whole housewife thing ... but it kind of gets in the way of eating bon-bons."


No comments: